Combining audiophile standards of resolution and dynamics, the 2-way Silver 2 will fill medium to large rooms with glorious audio in two-channel stereo or multi-channel cinema applications.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- 8” bass driver with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile.
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
40Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
Bass reflex - rear ported
HiVe®II port System
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 8" RST® Bass/Mid driver
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions excluding Grille & Terminals: (HxWxD)
375 x 230 x 300 mm
(143/4 x 91/16 x 1113/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions including Terminals: (HxWxD)
375 x 230 x 323 mm
(143/4 x 91/16 x 1211/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions Including Grille & Terminals: (HxWxD)
375 x 230 x 335 mm
(143/4 x 91/16 x 133/16 inch)
9.7 Kg (21 lb 6 oz)
Sound & Vision Magazine
Silver 10 5.1 System Review
“Monitor’s impressive Silver series is a triumph, a treat to hear, and well worth seeking out for a serious audition.”
“Overall, the fit and finish of the speakers is impeccable.”
“With the W-12 in tow, the Silver 10s demonstrated that they could compete with the big boys.”
“The W-12 is clearly an audiophile-quality subwoofer, and more than satisfying on music.”
“...on well-recorded material (both music and movies—I never felt the need for the Integra’s THX Re-Eq on the latter), their sound was open and detailed, with an appealingly real sparkle and liveliness.”
“In conveying the movie’s extreme dynamics, natural dialogue, precise scene-to-scene ambience, and (most notably) astonishing score, the Silvers left nothing on the table."
“Even on quieter films, the Silvers left a positive vibe. Anonymous, a vastly underrated movie from 2011, consists mainly of clean dialogue punctuated by a sweet score that sneaks up on you. On the Silvers, it reminded me once again that a good surround system isn’t just for action.”
"Honestly, I couldn’t have wished for more from any system.”
Diapson: Silver 2 Review
"The Silver 2 seduces, it is homogeneous and well balanced on the spectral level."
"Even while listening to a symphonic orchestra, you never feel frustrated regarding the sound level."
"The air circulates freely between the instruments. The timbres are rich and dense."
"The dynamic opulence and stability conclude this very beautiful speaker."
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine
Silver 2: 5-Star Review and "Recommended" Award
"...blessed with plenty of clarity and immediacy plus weight and depth, and its very own distinctive, highly detailed sound."
"...the Monitor Audio can deliver all the power it needs, but does so in a more relaxed and less forced manner than many similarly priced rivals
"...a more gutsy yet relaxed presentation that's very good at carrying dynamic accents that most others miss."
"Isaac Hayes' 'Life's Mood' is a joy. Percussion is better accented than most, giving a superior sense of rhythmic flow, and the crashing keyboard cadences push out in a more arresting and explicit way."
"...at the same time, the tonal purity is such that the piano sound is beautifully carried. Behind this, violins soar in a wonderfully accurate and expressive way, and the speakers catch the drama of this great song."
"The Silver 2 pushes out a wider soundstage than its rivals."
"You can really hear inside and drill down into the low-level detail, in a way that many rivals simply don't allow."
"The Smiths' 'Girl Afraid' is wonderfully open and detailed, but still carries the emotion within the song."
"Snare drums sound tight, while the treble is delicate and smooth; the tweeter reveals real delicacy that makes rivals seem rather ragged in comparison."
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi Zone wireless integrated stereo amplifier
- AirPlay® / DLNA®
- Router-less Airstream Direct™
- Class A/B amplifier
- Stereo RCA pre/subwoofer outputs
- Dual Orientation
- 2-way in-ceiling speaker
- 8” C-CAM® bass driver, 1” C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB)
- Boundary compensation control
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- Luxuriously finished 2-way bookshelf speaker
- 6 1/2” C-CAM® RST® driver
- C-CAM ribbon transducer
- HiVe®II port technology
- Premium quality wood/gloss finishes
- Magnetic grille fixing - no visible fixings
What Hi-Fi? includes Monitor Audio's Bronze 2 in their top 8 Best Budget Hi-Fi Speaker roundup...
New Silver Series 6G Introduced...
Danny Phillips from Trusted Reviews takes a closer look at the ASB-10 & WS-10 wireless soundbar system...