Silver 10 is a completely new model introduction, comprising a three-way configuration in a large floor-standing tower system. Equipped to energise the largest of rooms with naturally explicit wideband audio from music and film sources.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- Specially developed 4” mid-range driver with ‘under-hung’ voice coil and motor system. The voice coil remains in the magnetic gap ensuring very low distortion - better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- Dual 8” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Three-way configuration allows drivers to be optimised to deliver better overall performance.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Terminal panel at floor level for easy cable connection.
30Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
80 - 200W
Twin HiVe®II port System
MF/HF: 2.7 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 8" RST® Bass drivers.
1 x 4" RST Mid-range driver.
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille, Terminals & Plinth)
1050 x 230 x 300 mm
(41 5/16 x 9 1/16 x 11 13/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Terminals)
1050 x 230 x 323 mm
(41 5/16 x 9 1/16 x 12 11/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Grille & Terminals)
1050 x 230 x 335 mm
(41 5/16 x 9 1/16 x 13 3/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Plinth & Feet)
1071 x 290 x 360 mm
(42 3/16 x 11 7/16 x 14 3/16 inch)
26.03 Kg (57 lb 4oz)
Sound & Vision Magazine
Silver 10 5.1 System Review
“Monitor’s impressive Silver series is a triumph, a treat to hear, and well worth seeking out for a serious audition.”
“Overall, the fit and finish of the speakers is impeccable.”
“With the W-12 in tow, the Silver 10s demonstrated that they could compete with the big boys.”
“The W-12 is clearly an audiophile-quality subwoofer, and more than satisfying on music.”
“...on well-recorded material (both music and movies—I never felt the need for the Integra’s THX Re-Eq on the latter), their sound was open and detailed, with an appealingly real sparkle and liveliness.”
“In conveying the movie’s extreme dynamics, natural dialogue, precise scene-to-scene ambience, and (most notably) astonishing score, the Silvers left nothing on the table."
“Even on quieter films, the Silvers left a positive vibe. Anonymous, a vastly underrated movie from 2011, consists mainly of clean dialogue punctuated by a sweet score that sneaks up on you. On the Silvers, it reminded me once again that a good surround system isn’t just for action.”
"Honestly, I couldn’t have wished for more from any system.”
The Absolute Sounds Magazine
Silver 10 TAS Review
"...the Silver 10s are more than just adequate; they are one of the best $2,500-and-under full-range floorstanders I've heard..."
"I listened to this song on repeat for almost 45 minutes after a day of listening and my ears weren't fatigued. Next came Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Texas Flood," which is another song that can be plenty fatiguing; even after the Lofgren torture test, SRV was as pleasing as ever."
"...great voicing, solid bass when properly spaced from the rear walls, an engaging soundstage, and a diverse ability to sound great with a wide range of music. Really, what more could you want from an affordable speaker?"
- Spencer Holbert, The Absolute Sound, December 2014
Audio Fidelity (Poland)
So Hot, they’re ‘Cool’!
Polish audio magazine ‘High Fidelity’ has fallen for the silky control offered by our new Silver 10s. Reviewer Wojciech Pacula is impressed by the speaker’s ‘cool’ ability to combine the consistency of expensive stand-mount speakers with the scale of a floor stander, so much so that the 10s have joined the mag’s ‘Best Product 2013’ list. He says “with the Silver 10 we get a smooth, delicate, large-scale sound with a flourish and powerful bass. You do not need expensive electronics to get them to sound really great! You just need to ensure that power is sufficient. If so, it’s hard to imagine a system in which Silver 10 ever sounds uncontrolled or uncool - on the contrary "coolness" is their trademark.”
(Translated from Polish.)
I purchased my Silver 10's about 2 months ago and have been in the process of breaking them in as suggested by dealer and Monitor Audio. In all honesty they just keep sounding better and better with each passing hour of play time. We were thoroughly impressed with the 10's after a good listening session in the dealers room and took home those pair for further auditioning at home. Didn't take but another 24 hours before I told the dealer to order me a pair in Rose-nut because I was sold ! The speakers displaced what where my favorites since 1997 and I've listened to many speakers over that time but the 10's were the only ones to convince me it was time to move on. They play all types of music equally well and it's all there the bass, mids, highs and a large soundstage. I am extremely happy I stopped into Sound Advice on that Sunday about 2 months ago because I have rediscovered many of my older CD's and Lp's. Thank you Monitor Audio for producing such a fine product that is affordable and gives you more then just a taste of the high end.
I bought the silver 10s to replace a pair of rogers ls7e I didn't think I would get the performance of the rogers but I was wrong when I run them in for about 500 hours the base was deep and solid and the highs of the tweeters is immensely projected and the mid range brings them all together for a great sound stage it doesn't mater if you listen to classical or thrash metal these speakers are a delight they were by far the best speakers under £2000 I tried and I tried a lot if your looking at speakers you must give these an audition you wont be disappointed
Add a review
You might also like
- Active Subwoofer with 12” concave C-CAM® driver
- Class D amplifier, DSP processing
- Automatic Position Correction (APR®)
- Top mounted control panel
- Three pre-set EQ mode settings
- Premium quality finishes
- In-wall speaker with pivoting driver / tweeter module for optimum imaging
- Integrated fully-sealed back box
- 8” C-CAM® RST® bass driver, 4” C-CAM inverted midrange driver
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- High/mid frequency level adjustments (3dB), Boundary compensation control
- Advanced 3-way in-ceiling speaker
- 8” C-CAM® RST® bass driver, 4” C-CAM RST inverted midrange driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB), Boundary compensation control
What Hi-Fi? includes Monitor Audio's Bronze 2 in their top 8 Best Budget Hi-Fi Speaker roundup...
New Silver Series 6G Introduced...
Danny Phillips from Trusted Reviews takes a closer look at the ASB-10 & WS-10 wireless soundbar system...