Size-defying high output and dynamic delivery make the 2 way Silver 1 the ideal choice for small to medium rooms in two-channel stereo or multi-channel cinema systems.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth
- 6" bass driver with concave 'dished' C-CAM cone profile
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off
45Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
Bass reflex - rear ported
HiVe®II port System
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 6" RST® Bass/Mid driver
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions: (Excluding Grille & Terminals) (HxWxD)
312 x 185 x 240 mm
(12 5/16 x 7 5/16 x 9 7/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (Including Terminals) (HxWxD)
312 x 185 x 263 mm
(12 5/16 x 7 5/16 x 10 13/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (Including Grille & Terminals) (HxWxD)
312 x 185 x 275 mm
(12 5/16 x 7 5/16 x 10 13/16 inch)
6.95 Kg (15 lb 4 oz)
Secrets of Home Theater
Home Theater Hi-Fi Praises Silver 1
Jay Haider (Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity) recently reviewed a pair of Silver 1 bookshelf speakers, and evidently was quite impressed, stating that the speakers have beautiful finish and construction, fantastic treble and surprisingly potent bass.
"...the Monitor Audio Silver 1 is an excellent speaker. It's fit and finish rivals or exceeds speakers its size two price classes up."
"...a gorgeously crafted bookshelf speaker with mostly excellent engineering, surprisingly powerful bass, and world-class treble."
"The Silver 1's crossover shows engineering excellence both heard and measured, and the tweeter is a marvel."
"Monitor Audio's Silver 1 does an awful lot right, looks beautiful, and is worth a close listen."
Hi-Fi Choice Magazine
Hi-Fi Choice Recommends Silver 1
Esteemed reviewer David Price has tested the Silver 1 in an in-depth review for Hi-Fi Choice Magazine.
As well as giving a full Five Stars to our "small but perfectly formed" speaker, the Silver 1 was also awarded with the Hi-Fi Choice Recommended title. In concluding the review, David Price listed the following reasons:
"Big, punchy, detailed sound; superb finish; value"
Read the full coverage in the November issue of Hi-Fi Choice Magazine.
I replaced my old JBL L set with the Monitor Audio Silver 1 for 2 reasons. 1 being my JBL L set is too big for my room, the other being the sound and design of the Silver 1. I sold the JBL L1 and put the Silver 1's on my shelf. They sound much clearer, can handle power a lot better than the JBL's and look MUCH. MUCH nicer. The design is beautiful.
They're very balanced. The highs never feel like they're ripping the hairs off your ears, the bass never makes you feel like they're small bookshelf speakers and the mids are spot on. They play metal, J-Pop, classic rock and symphonic music without sweating. I'm very impressed, and hope to have the budget to buy bigger Monitor Audio's next time.
Let me first start by stating I'm a long term Monitor Audio fan, my previous speakers were BR5 Floor standers, damaged by my cat. I replaced them with a set of S1 stand mounts from my local dealer Audio T. It's early days yet but out of the box the S1 are outstanding, The detail and stereo image is outstanding, my worry was I would have the bass I require with the small S1 as my previous were the BR5. Worry no more the S1 are small but the bass is amazing with great timing and the S1 are just so coherent. they perform in all areas. They are simply a small stand mount punching above its weight. I choose the piano gloss black, the fit and finish is quiet simply astonishing when you consider the Price £500. Thank you Monitor Audio for again showing that class leading speakers do not have to cost the earth. I cant wait for a few months when they are run in and at their best.
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi Zone wireless integrated stereo amplifier
- AirPlay® / DLNA®
- Router-less Airstream Direct™
- Class A/B amplifier
- Stereo RCA pre/subwoofer outputs
- Dual Orientation
- Active Subwoofer with 12” concave C-CAM® driver
- Class D amplifier, DSP processing
- Automatic Position Correction (APR®)
- Top mounted control panel
- Three pre-set EQ mode settings
- Premium quality finishes
- Powerful 2-Way Bookshelf speaker
- 8” C-CAM® RST® bass driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes
- Magnetic grille fixing
Silver 6G has hit the ground running, receiving two 5-STAR reviews in a single month from What Hi-Fi?
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...