The Silver 200’s sleek appearance makes it a truly compact and attractive floorstander, blending audiophile performance with lifestyle proportions. A pair of Monitor Audio’s unique 5¼-inch C-CAM bass drivers share the duties of delivering bass and mid/bass. Configured as a two-and-a-half way system both electrically and acoustically, you will be amazed at the magical sound quality that this slimline can produce in your home.
The two bass drivers operate in separate acoustic chambers within the enclosure to provide differential tuning and are divided optimally with crossovers to ensure both bass drivers contribute to the lower frequencies. This ensures only the mid-range crosses over with the tweeter and results in a consistent and precise image, on and off axis. This configuration delivers performance approaching a three-way design whilst ensuring higher efficiency and extended low frequency, yet in a smaller cabinet.
The drive units are constructed with massive magnetic systems capable of deep bass extension. The low-frequency response has been engineered to provide smooth roll-off without exhibiting any of the usual ‘overhang’, meaning that the Silver 200 can be sited close to a wall and provide the ideal blend of domesticity and blazing performance. Diminutive for a floorstander, this model is no slouch. The Silver 200 is a serious audiophile speaker with amazing drive and incredible musicality. The engineering challenge was to create a smaller box with bigger sound; with the Silver 200, Monitor Audio achieves that goal so that you can enjoy your music and films with convincing realism.
- Two-and-a-half-way, three-driver configuration
- Differentially-tuned acoustic system means high efficiency with powerful low-frequency extension
- New 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding highs
- New 5¼-inch bass and 5¼-inch bass/mid drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion Feature
- Unique-build ring/voice coil-cone coupling mechanism (DCF) optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and increasing the critical voice coil circumferential rigidity
- Cast polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
- HiVe II port technology means better transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling for the highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers utilising premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors results in maximum signal transfer
- Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically optimised cabinet bracing
- Single bolt-through driver technology providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Ultra low-profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings for clean visual styling when fitted
- High-quality crossovers with premium-grade polypropylene film capacitors throughout
- Bespoke, high quality bi-wire terminals
- Terminal panel located at floor level for easy termination and neat cable access
- Out-rigger feet (spiked, or rubber for hard flooring) provide attractive appearance while taking up less floor space
- Selected, premium-quality wood veneers, high gloss lacquer and contemporary Satin White finishes.
Frequency Response (-6 dB)
38 Hz – 35 kHz
4.7 ohms @ 182 Hz
114 dBA (pair)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
60 – 150 W
Dual chamber bass reflex with differential tuning. Twin HiVe II port system
LF: 700 Hz
MF/HF: 2.9 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 51/4-inch RST bass driver 1 x 51/4-inch RST bass/mid driver
1 x 1-inch (25 mm) Gold Dome C-CAM tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions (excluding grille and terminals)
885 x 165 x 240 mm
3413/16 x 61/2 x 97/16-inch
External Dimensions (including grille and terminals)
885 x 165 x 269 mm
3413/16 x 61/2 x 109/16-inch
External Dimensions (including out-rigger plates, feet and spikes)
918 x 232 x 307 mm
361/8 x 91/8 x 121/16-inch
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
Silver 200 5-STAR Review
The new 6th Generation of Silver has received its first review from What Hi-Fi?, and we are proud to say that the review couldn't be better, containing an abundance of praise and a full 5 Star rating!
What Hi-Fi? stated "if we create a tick-list of what makes a great all-rounder, these new Silver floorstanders pass every test and have a great deal of fun while doing so."
They also call the Silver 200s "Monitor Audio’s finest Silver Series floorstanders yet."
More Great Quotes Are Below:
"...a very mature performance, highlighted by a penchant for rhythmic and instrumental organization as well as a smoothly levelled balance."
"At the lower end, the Silver 200s reach those pulsing frequencies you feel more than hear, while there is plenty of headroom too."
"Most important, though, is the richness and clarity throughout. Nowhere do these speakers sound flabby, coarse or thin."
"...there is an impressive amount of clarity and detail here - more, to the best of our recollection, than ever before."
Read the FULL Review Here
Add a review
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...
What Hi-Fi? includes Monitor Audio's Bronze 2 in their top 8 Best Budget Hi-Fi Speaker roundup...