The Radius 270 is a super-slim floor-standing loudspeaker designed for genuine full-range performance in a serious stereo system or multi-channel audio/video system. The R270 employs an array of technical developments derived directly from Monitor Audio’s award winning reference speaker ranges. Excellent fidelity coupled with an elegant profile provides the opportunity to enjoy great sound and discreet design all in one package. Real wood veneer and lacquer finishes supply a lustrous appeal, giving the Radius 270 a tactile sense of quality that feels at home anywhere - in contrast to the rather stark, impersonal, metallic character of many A/V satellites.
- Floor-standing design featuring full-range of ‘hi-fi’ performance sound.
- Bespoke drivers (custom designed for the R270).
- Integrated plinth provides stability and better bass control.
- 2 x 4" MMP®II bass driver array provides excellent power handling and high-efficiency.
- New cast bass chassis made from high-tech glass loaded engineering polymer. Provides better damping properties than metal and increased overall strength.
- 1” Gold C-CAM® tweeter.
- Magnetically shielded drivers for safe use near sensitive microprocessor equipment or video displays.
- Rigid MDF construction throughout.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling properties resulting in enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. Through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Additional grid cross bracing in critical areas to stop cabinet resonance.
- Front-ported bass reflex design.
- Smooth radius edges reduce diffraction effects and give better imagine properties.
- Round perforated grilles supplied in black and silver.* Can be customised to suit individual décor and taste.
- Crossover uses high-grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors throughout for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors provide lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Specially developed high-grade PCOFC internal cable used throughout for maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Terminal positioning allows neat and easy access to connections and gets rid of unsightly excess cable.
55 Hz - 25 KHz
Power Handling Single: (RMS)
System Power Handling: (RMS)
Recommended Amp Requirements
40 - 140
Front Ported Bass Reflex
Drive Unit Compliment
2 x 4" (101 mm) MMP®II (Next generation Metal Matrix polymer)
1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
External Dimensions: (H x W x D)
925 x 120 x 140 mm
36 7/16 x 4 3/4 x 5 1/2 inch
10 Kg (22 lb)
Add a review
Silver 6G has hit the ground running, receiving two 5-STAR reviews in a single month from What Hi-Fi?
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...