Luxury Dual-mode surround speaker with 6 1/2" C-CAM® bass driver and high frequency ribbon transducer, flanked by two 4" mid-range drivers and 1" C-CAM® tweeters on angled baffles, for amazing surround effects.
- C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- C-CAM RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) drivers
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow® silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss piano finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
60 Hz - 60 kHz
Maximum S.P.L (Per pair in room)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
50 - 100 W
Bi-Pole: 2.3 kHz
Di-Pole: 2.6 kHz
Drive Unit Compliment
1 x 6 1/2" RST bass driver
2 x 4" RST mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM H.F ribbon transducer
2 x 1" gold dome C-CAM Tweeter
External Dimensions excl stand (HxWxD)
310 x 390 x 160 mm
(1213/16 x 153/8 x 65/16 inch)
Weight excluding stands
11.9 Kg (26.1 lbs)
Sound+Vision GX200 System Review
“Excellent build quality and equally impressive sound make the Gold GX a great choice for a multichannel system.”
“…outstanding definition and clarity in the highs, and a soundstage that extended well beyond the towers’ physical locations.”
“The Gold GX system’s crisp, finely layered presentation proved an especially good match for surround music. ..excellent tonal match between the front channels and GXFX surrounds made songs… sound wonderfully seamless. It was like being immersed in a pool of dense, ambient guitar and bass.”
“Drums and bass sounded clean and dynamic — I could clearly feel the wallop of kick drum in my chest. Monitor Golds managed to convey the dense spatial swirl of percussion instruments, keyboards, and background vocals while maintaining excellent clarity on guitars and Bryan Ferry’s frontand-
“…rain really sounded as if it was pouring down in dense sheets from the front of my room. During the chase that ensues, sound-effects pans as the
cars swirled and spun out had a convincingly full, near-360° trajectory. The GXW-15 sub was hardly a wallflower during this sequence. When a freight
train slams into the cab mid-chase, the resulting impact was bone-rattling."
“The GXC 150’s spot-on tonal match with the towers resulted in excellent front-stage clarity.”
“Monitor Audio’s Gold GX system is a well-crafted speaker package that’s capable of pinning you to the couch on movies and drenching your ears with detail on music.”
Canada HiFi Magazine
Monitor Audio Gold GX 5.1 Speaker System
"The Monitor Audio speakers delivered the richness of the doubled-up guitar strings with fullness in the mid frequencies and an amazing bell-like quality in the higher octaves. The depth and texture of this presentation was as close as I’ve heard from a real 12 string guitar."
"The ribbon tweeters reproduced the high frequencies of both instruments and voices with an amazing sizzle and a high level of detail. The tweeter presentation was airy, super clean and smoothly integrated with the mid frequencies, not once did I detect any harshness in the upper registers."
"The Gold GX series served up a perfectly balanced frequency range and one of the cleanest, luscious sounding mid-ranges I’ve had the pleasure of listening to in my home theatre."
"Whether I listened to music or watched movies, they never failed to engage me at the highest level. Voices and instruments sounded true-to-life and hence music was always full of emotion, regardless of choice of genre. On many occasions I felt like the performers were right in my room. During movies with good soundtracks (and visuals) the Gold GX series were capable of creating a total suspension of disbelief, making me feel like I was part of the action."
Home Cinema Choice
Setting the Gold Standard
Home Cinema Choice magazine gives their verdict on the Gold GX Series with an all round 5 star approval across the board.
In the latest January 2012 issue of Home Cinema Choice magazine our Gold GX series was reviewed, tried and tested for performance, design and features and then rewarded with a fantastic overall review of 5/5 stars across the categories.
Here's a snippet taken from the full review "Running through Pirates...had me scribbling all sorts of notes ('huge, rich, foundation-shifting bass with power and grip'; 'nil flex on the 15in piston'; 'Exciting, musical and able to create a sense of scale'), but all you need to know is that I loved this system with a passion."
Add a review
You might also like
- 3-Way Flagship Floorstander Speaker
- Twin 6 1/2 C-CAM® RDT® bass drivers
- C-CAM ribbon transducer and 4" midrange
- HiVe®II port technology
- Real wood veneers or black gloss piano lacquer
- Advanced 2-way in-ceiling FX speaker
- 8” C-CAM® RST® bass driver, 1” C-CAM gold dome pivoting tweeters
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB)
- Boundary compensation control, 12v trigger switching
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- Luxuriously finished 2-way bookshelf speaker
- 6 1/2” C-CAM® RST® driver
- C-CAM ribbon transducer
- HiVe®II port technology
- Premium quality wood/gloss finishes
- Magnetic grille fixing - no visible fixings
Silver 6G has hit the ground running, receiving two 5-STAR reviews in a single month from What Hi-Fi?
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...