Dedicated centre channel featuring twin 5 1/2” C-CAM® bass/mid drivers and 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter in a 2-way system configuration.
- Versatile 2-way loudspeaker perfect for on-wall applications, stereo or surround.
- Dual 5 1/2" C-CAM® drivers and single 1" C-CAM® tweeter are pitched perfectly for accurate dialogue.
- Acoustically matched with all other BX loudspeakers for precise surround sound imaging and consistent timbre front to back.
- Single bolt-through drivers. A design feature which means the driver is not fixed to the front baffle and cannot transmit vibrations and therefore colouration to the cabinet.
- Improved cabinet rigidity and stability.
- HiVe®II port technology to speed the transit of air from the cabinet, resulting in more dynamic bass.
- High-quality terminal panels blend easy access with high-end functionality.
- Choice of four high quality vinyl wood finishes.
Frequency Response +/- 3dB
60Hz - 30kHz
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
20 - 120 W
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 140mm (5 1/2") C-CAM® bass mid-range driver.
1 x 25 mm (1") gold dome C-CAM® tweeter
External Dimensions: (H x W x D)
166 x 460 x 165 mm
6 9/16 x 18 1/8 x 6 1/2 inches
6.18 Kg (13.6 lb)
Super Sonic Value: "Monitor Audio's Affordable, Awesome Speaker Package"
“...the longer I listened, the more impressed I became by their unforced musicality and easy, natural dynamics.”
“The Monitor Audio aced it, with whistling that was even and bright without ever leaning toward the shrill on any one note (an excellent indication of smoothness in the top octaves of tweeter response), and with intact baritone breathiness that never tilted over the rasp of fizz.”
“In terms of vocal honesty and of midrange texture and detail, the Bronze BX2s sounded far, far more expensive than $500-ish per pair.”
“And the treble demands were met effortlessly: Horn attacks and drum transients sounded uniformly excellent.”
“The Monitor Audio supporting cast, comprising the BX Center and BXFX surrounds, provided solidly, unspectacularly competent reproduction - with the latter characterization meant in the best way.”
“The center-channel unit made an unusually close match with the BX2s and, when auditioned on-axis (from the center seating location), created a truly seamless “front stage.”
“The Monitor Audio array turned out to have plenty of reserves for louder fare like Godzilla - and the little BXW10 proved itself a gamer, willingly laying down a surprisingly solid basis for footballs, crashing buildings, and other assorted mayhem.”
“(Monitor Audio) should be proud to have produced a very well-balanced, highly musical, and attractive layout that delivers honest value and then some."
The Perfect Vision
The Bronze Age Returns
“An equally strong element in Monitor’s corporate identity is a laudable commitment to value… Nowhere is this commitment more obvious than in the firm’s new “entry level” Bronze BX-series speakers”.
“Bronze BX models frankly do not look or sound like “entry level” products at all.”
“Bronze BX models offer an unusual degree of overall refinement and especially sonic coherency for their price - a quality that I’ve rarely heard so well executed in speakers in this price range.”
“The imaging characteristics of the Bronze models are astonishingly good.”
“The Bronze BX models sound more like the Silver RX range than not and for only a fraction of the price meaning that the Bronze BX offers superb sonic value for money.”
“The Bronzes conveyed qualities of spaciousness and dynamic expansiveness as few small systems can.”
“The sound of the vibes, as presented by the Bronze BX system, is simply gorgeous.”
“It is, quite simply, a brilliant success. The longer you listen to this system, the more “right” it sounds, and for not a lot of money.”
"Sounds almost as good as systems costing twice as much"
Reviewing a system of BX2s, BXFXs, a BX Centre and the BXW12 Subwoofer, Trusted reviews recommended this system, along with a 9/10 rating.
"Once again, Monitor Audio comes up trumps with a home cinema speaker system that delivers a detailed, powerful and seamlessly integrated sound...you don’t have to pay through the nose for this superb performance, which makes the Bronze BX2 AV a real bargain and one of the best speaker systems of 2010."
What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision
First Tests - BX2 AV System
'Good looks, good finish, good spec; wide-open, controlled and dynamic sound...Thrillingly fit for purpose, the Bronze BX 5.1 is money very well spent.'
Really fab speakers blow away all competiton!
Add a review
You might also like
- 2 1/2-Way Floorstander
- Twin 5 1/2” C-CAM® bass/mid driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Magnetic grille fixings
- Versatile LCR (left, centre, right) speaker
- Integrated fully-sealed back box
- 4” MMP®II bass driver, 1” C-CAM® pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB)
- Dedicated Centre-channel
- 4” C-CAM® bass drivers
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
Silver 6G has hit the ground running, receiving two 5-STAR reviews in a single month from What Hi-Fi?
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...