The IWS-10 subwoofer driver employs a rigid, flat 10” surface of 10mm (3/8”) RDT® material derived from Monitor audio’s acclaimed ‘Platinum’ series of high-end speakers. A large vented pole helps to move air quickly, reducing power compression and increasing heat dissipation.
- Rigid Die-cast chassis/basket
- Large vented pole design to reduce power compression, lower distortion and improved power handling
- High tech RDT flat ‘sandwich’ cone technology
- High quality gold plated ‘push’ type terminal – for easy installation
- 8 ohm impedance
- 50mm diameter voice coil with black anodised former –Improves convection cooling effects
- +/- 10mm of excursion – results in controlled bass at low frequencies and delivers high SPL
- Patented Tri-Grip fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
28 Hz – 120 Hz
(when mounted in optimum enclosure)
Maximum SPL (Partnered with IWA-250)
Single unit 109.8 dB; Pair 115.8 dB
Cut-Out Hole Dimensions
280 x 280 mm
(11 x 11 inches)
(3 1/2 inches)
4 position Tri-Grip® dog leg fixings
Gold plated "push" type terminals
Mineral Filled ABS Plastic
Dimensions (H x W x D)
324 x 324 x 25.6 mm
123/4 x 123/4 x 1 Inches
A "True Audiophile Performance" for Residential Systems
To get excellent sound for your home theater and musical needs, you need not always turn to box speakers. Some consumers prefer the in-ceiling / in-wall option for a more discreet look, and Monitor Audio offers a collection of speakers for that solution.
John Sciacca of Residential Systems reviewed Monitor Audio's CP (Controlled Performance) Trimless series, as well as the In-Wall Subwoofer system to find out if Monitor Audio's in-ceiling and in-wall solutions were as great sounding as they were discreet. This definitely proved to be true, as John states, "In the age-old choice between aesthetics and performance, Monitor Audio's Controlled Performance Series proves listeners can have both."
"...they excelled in producing great detail and had a nice wide dispersion that did an admirable job of filling the room with sound."
"Sonically, these are moving into the land of true bookshelf replacement, with rich audio that has plenty of depth and detail, as well as SPL."
"How good did the 380s sound? I had them in my showroom leaning against some tower speakers with built subs and playing some music, and a customer listened for a while and then said, 'Wow! Those tower speakers really sound great. Who makes those?'"
"The IWA-250 amp provides enough control to blend the sub's bass to match the speaker, room, and listening preference."
"...it definitely produces those lowest octaves in music, giving extra weight and presence to the sound."
Add a review
You might also like
- Sealed back box for IWS-10
- Fits 14” stud bays (16” centres)
- Heavy duty MDF construction
- Rugged laminated vinyl finish
- Pre-wired with push type terminals
- In-Wall Class D power amplifier
- Rigid, high quality steel case
- Switch mode power supply
- DSP controlled
- Low thermal output
- DC short circuit protection
- Stylish, Compact Subwoofer
- Twin side-firing 10” C-CAM® drivers - one active and one passive ABR
- Class D amplifier
- Stereo/LFE RCA inputs
- 3 x Pre-set EQ settings
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
Silver 6G has hit the ground running, receiving two 5-STAR reviews in a single month from What Hi-Fi?
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...